This page is for currently enrolled Assumption College students.
Thank you for your interest in working at the d’Alzon Library. We no longer have any open positions available. Please check back here at the end of the semester for further updates.
- Please complete an Application for Student Employment, which is submitted to Nancy O'Sullivan, Head of Access Services. If you have any questions, please contact Nancy at email@example.com or 508.767.7271.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee employment. We often have many more applications than positions to fill.
- Applicants are considered on the basis of skills, experience, and hours available. Work study students are given priority in the hiring process.
- Most hiring takes place before the start of the academic year, though we do hire some students in the spring semester.
- Nancy reviews all applications and contacts qualified candidates to set up an interview.
Student Jobs in the Library:
- Front Desk Student Assistant: Provides excellent customer service to all library users, checks items in and out, shelves items, assists with InterLibrary Loan (ILL), and scans materials for ILL and e-reserves.
- Research Student Assistant: Assists Research Support Services staff with preparing materials for library instruction classes, as well as creating promotional materials for our Marketing Committee. Also fills-in at the Research Help Desk as needed.
- Technical Services Student Assistant: Assists Serials and Cataloging staff with the receiving, processing, and shelving of items.